Recent developments - August and September 2018 ¶
By: jw35 on Sept. 20, 2018, 11:53 a.m.
Over the last couple of months we've made a number of changes to the SmartCambridge platform. The significant user-visible changes include:
- Various SmartPanel improvements, including support for portrait layouts. See this forum post for more details
- Adding API access to various datasets maintained by the SmartCambridge platform. See the SmartCambridge API forum for more details
- Adding traffic flow monitoring to additional roads (and tidying some of the existing ones). See this forum post for more details
- Adding transit distance and derived speed to the output of traffic flow monitoring
- Improved links between the traffic flow pages - for example by adding links to information about traffic flow in the other direction
- Adding scale to traffic maps
- Adding the ability to import and export SmartPanel definitions
- Providing a set of Terms and Conditions for use of the platform (and requiring SmartPanel and API users to accept them)
- Fixing a number of broken links to external web pages
- Increased the use of secure (https) connections on the platform
There's also been a significant amount of internal change both to support these new features and to rationalise parts of the platform to support future developments.
Adaptive Cities Programme, University of Cambridge
Last edited by: jw35 on Sept. 20, 2018, 11:54 a.m., edited 1 time in total.