Recent developments - August and September 2018 ¶
By: jw35 on Sept. 20, 2018, 11:53 a.m.
Over the last couple of months we've made a number of changes to the SmartCambridge platform. The significant user-visible changes include:
- Various SmartPanel improvements, including support for portrait layouts. See this forum post for more details
- Adding API access to various datasets maintained by the SmartCambridge platform. See the SmartCambridge API forum for more details
- Adding traffic flow monitoring to additional roads (and tidying some of the existing ones). See this forum post for more details
- Adding transit distance and derived speed to the output of traffic flow monitoring
- Improved links between the traffic flow pages - for example by adding links to information about traffic flow in the other direction
- Adding scale to traffic maps
- Adding the ability to import and export SmartPanel definitions
- Providing a set of Terms and Conditions for use of the platform (and requiring SmartPanel and API users to accept them)
- Fixing a number of broken links to external web pages
- Increased the use of secure (https) connections on the platform
There's also been a significant amount of internal change both to support these new features and to rationalise parts of the platform to support future developments.
Adaptive Cities Programme, University of Cambridge