Support for Portrait Layouts?

Support for Portrait Layouts?  

By: darwin on July 6, 2018, 4:45 p.m.

Found this when setting up a new display in the Porter's Lodge and thought it looked very promising but stumbled at the first hurdle by not being able to design a layout for a portrait mode display (D'oh!). Any chance you will be adding this? I can't imagine I'm the only one needing this as it's a pretty common orientation for departure boards!

Re: Support for Portrait Layouts?  

By: ijl20 on July 9, 2018, 9:29 p.m.

obviously sounds reasonable and we'll add it to the list. Don't get me started on 'Doh' as the fixed layout was a considered choice to deliver what we did. There are quite a few other 'small' improvements we intend to make but maybe we can put a portrait layout higher up. An area that is likely to become more important is content delivered via the 'iframe widget' - I'd like to see what ideas we can share. My current favourite is https://c.xkcd.com/random/comic at 70% zoom in a 2x2 iframe widget, although that could be better with a custom frame serving 'mobile' xkcd.

Re: Support for Portrait Layouts?  

By: jw35 on Sept. 20, 2018, 11:03 a.m.

Support for portrait layouts was added in September. See this forum post for details

Jon.

--
Jon Warbrick
Adaptive Cities Programme, University of Cambridge